At some point in my life, I usually wondered where I would keep my dog leash after a satisfying walk or training exercise with my dogs.
I came across dog leash hooks that ensure you have a convenient spot to place your dog leash.
I would not want you to misplace and lose your dog leash. It should be within reach as you may need it on short notice.
In this article, I will discuss the various dog leash hooks, their importance, and factors to consider when getting one.
DISCLOSURE: TridentK9.org is reader supported so if you buy any products featured on this site I may earn an affiliate commission (at no extra cost to yourself). As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
You can read my full disclosure here.
What is a Dog Leash Hook?
A dog leash hook is equipment that is often attached to the wall with hooks.
The hooks allow you to suspend various items especially your dog leash.
It can also accommodate a collar, bags, and playing toys.
What is a good dog leash hook made of?
A dog leash hook is made of metal.
This could be brass or steel.
Factors to consider when buying a dog leash hook?
- Wall Mount: There are dog leash hooks that can be stuck on the wall while there are others that require you to screw them to the wall to be attached and be stable
- Number of hooks: If you have several dogs as I do, the number of hooks on the dog leash holder is essential for you to purchase one. You can get one ha would accommodate the number of leashes that you have.
- Ease to clean: Your leather dog leashes are exposed to various conditions during your walks and training. It gets dirty more often than not. Therefore, you should get a dog leash ( Flexi leashes are a good choice) hook that is simple to clean as it gets dirty from holding the dog leashes.
- Appeal: The dog leash hooks and holder are part of your home
- Quality: A dog leash hook is not a recurring purchase hence you should buy a dog leash hook of great quality regardless of the cost.
Where do I get a dog leash hook?
Dog leash hooks are available from the nearest pet store to you.
Alternatively, you find a variety of dog leash hooks on the following platform:
What are some of the best dog leash hooks?
It would be great to identify some of the best brands providing quality dog leash hooks.
DEI Dog Pet Leash Metal Rack
This dog leash holder is the most functional in the market.
It offers several hooks that you can place more than just a dog leash.
It comes in black, white or silver.
It ensures all your dog accessories are organized manner.
However, it is not meant to support heavy items hence suitable for lightweight items.
Franklin Brass Wall Hook
This dog leash holder only has one hook hence would be suitable if you have only one dog.
However, it can support up to a weight of 35 pounds.
It means that the hook could also be used to hang other items such as jackets, coats, umbrellas, and keys.
The hook is made from brass and has a modern satin nickel finish.
The paw design is also appealing making your hook complimentary to the look of your house.
Dog Leash Hook FAQs
Here is a summary of the above on dog leash hooks:
- A dog leash hook is an accessory attached to the wall that holds and suspends dog leashes for organisation
- A dog leash hook is made of brass or steel
- The dog leash hooks are available on Amazon, Etsy, and Wayfair.
- Amongst the best dog leash hooks are DEI Dog Pet Leash Metal Rack and Franklin Brass Wall hook
You should consider the following when buying a dog leash hook:
Whether the dog leash hook requires to be screwed to the wall or can stick on its own.
The numbers of hooks you require depending on the dog leashes you have.
The ease to clean the dog leash hook. Its complimentary look and appeal to the house.
The quality of the dog leash has to withstand for several years (btw, did you know you can get 3 dog leashes / triple leashes?).